Pizza always works – even when grilling!
Mamma Mia are the good ones – our crispy pizzas from the grill. From the grill? Oh yes! we move our Trattoria outside and are happy about a vegetarian grill pleasure à la Mamma.
Always on the grill: meat. And a few sausages. Maybe also some vegetables and a feta packet with fruit. New: a crispy pizza from the grill – topped with creamy mozzarella and fruity tomatoes. Also delicious: a topping of tuna and onions or ham and pineapple.
Funghi? Tonno? Or prosciutto? We can’t decide and grill many different pizzas. The great thing: The smaller the pizza pieces, the faster they are ready. A garden like in Bella Italia – heavenly!
By the way, the recipe is also ideal for the next garden party. The only thing you should prepare is the dough – unless you use ready-made dough from the refrigerated shelf. Then you can simply pour the ingredients into small bowls and each one covers his own piece of pizza. This is a clever way to avoid disputes about tastes.
What one should pay attention to is that the pizzas also get heat from above. This way they cook faster. But you can simply fold down the lid of many grills. Small tip: If you don’t have a kettle grill, simply cover your grilled pizzas with a lid or a pot. It couldn’t be easier! Alternatively, you can also invest in a pizza stone.
And for dessert we already have an idea – there are crispy cookies with a heart of grilled marshmallows and melted chocolate.
Grill Pizza Recipe
- 500 g finished pizza dough, alternatively you can make the pizza dough yourself: The original recipe
- 500 g tomatoes,
- 8 dried tomatoes (marinated in oil),
- 225 g mozzarella,
- 75 g Parmesan cheese,
- coarse sea salt,
- Pepper from the mill,
- 1/2 bunch basil
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces, cut 3 pieces of baking paper and spread them thinly with oil. Roll out the dough pieces on the baking paper, brush with a little oil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix the dried tomatoes with pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Place the pizza bases with the baking paper side up on the grill rack and grill for 3-5 minutes with the lid closed. Remove from grill, remove the baking paper and place on the work surface with the grilled side facing up.
- Pluck the mozzarella into small pieces and spread on the bottom, covered with dried and fresh tomatoes and sprinkle with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the pizza pieces again with the lid closed for 3-5 minutes. The pizza is ready when the cheese has melted and the underside is crispy.
By the way, there is also an Asian version of it: Asia sends its regards: Vietnamese pizza from the grill